Voting

Thursday, September 22, 2011

book review

So we've started a new tradition this year of me reading a little to the kids from a chapter book every night after scriptures. I consider it a success since we've had far less children dozing off during scriptures, and I haven't had to read a barbie book to Lena in probably two weeks.
Anyway just finished our second book, Bullies in the Headlights, by Matthew Buckley. We all loved this book! It had us laughing out loud more than a few times. It's written from an eight year old boy's point of view. So funny! So much to relate to if you grew up in a large mormon family. It also has a great message to it that doesn't come across cheesy. My kids were glued every night!

2 comments:

Shella said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! I read this post to Zach last night and he told me that he remembers his mom sitting in the hallway outside of their bedrooms and reading to them. I'm sure there will be many fond memories. :)

Sharon said...

Good for you!